The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) Colorado Chapter is a local affiliate of an international trade association representing more than 1,700 member firms in 97 chapters throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and Brazil. A leader in promoting quality and excellence in the sheet metal and air conditioning industry, SMACNA Colorado is based in Denver with the support of the national offices in Washington D.C. and Chantilly, VA.
SMACNA Colorado Contractor Membership
How We Help our Members
The association offers contractors professional assistance in the following areas:
- Labor relations
- Legislative assistance and advocacy
- Research and technical standards development
- PPE such as Hard Hats & Safety Glasses
- Business management education
- Project management education
- Essential industry communications and updates
- Fraternity & social opportunities
- Colorado HVAC+R Equipment, Product & Member Directory
Membership with SMACNA Colorado also SMACNA membership and entitles members to all education, training and development opportunities made available by the National Association.
Additional Resources Available to Members on the SMACNA National Website:
- National Newsletters – In the market for value-added solutions? Want to see some cutting-edge projects from SMACNA contractors? Got a dilemma that needs solving? You’ll find it all in SMACNA’s e-newsletters. The latest products, services and industry technologies are prominently featured in addition to articles on market growth, energy efficiency, and more… Subscribe to one or all of them
- Events & Education – Access lists of all upcoming events and educational
- Educational Programs – SMACNA offers multi-day National Educational Programs developed for owners, managers, project managers, future managers and supervisors. Classes offered include Business Management University, Project Managers Institute, Advanced Project Managers Institute, Financial Boot Camp, Supervisor Training Academy, Leadership Development Program
- Advocacy– SMACNA takes a strong leadership role on Capitol Hill. SMACNA National puts all the resources needed to stay on top of industry issues in the nation’s capital, including a legislative office just two blocks from the U.S. Senate. This effort is matched by committed SMACNA members and it pays off in the direct impact our industry has with legislators and regulators. SMACNA leaders and members know that competing interests will step up to the plate and important battles will be lost without our experience, knowledge and input.
- Safety & Health – SMACNA’s Safety and Health Department develops safety programs, publications, services and videos to assist members in establishing and managing effective safety programs. SMACNA’s Safety and Health Department also communicates with OSHA and other federal agencies on issues affecting members and provides members with briefings on regulatory compliance
- Publications Store – Visit our online store to purchase SMACNA technical publications, manuals and standards at member
- SMACNA National Subscriptions-Annual subscriptions to SMACNA’s 37 title technical library are available via the cloud. Users can access content from anywhere – at home, in the office, or in the
- Technical Resources – Technical standards and manuals developed by SMACNA members have worldwide acceptance by the construction and code community, as well as local and national government ANSI, the American National Standards Institute, has accredited SMACNA as a standards-setting organization. SMACNA standards and manuals address all facets of the sheet metal and HVAC industry – including duct construction and installation, indoor air quality, energy recovery, roofing and architectural sheet metal, welding, and commissioning.
- SMACNA Connect – There are many ways to connect with sheet metal contractors and other industry professionals. Whether its through a local chapter, social media or through one of our discussion groups, there is some place for you to ask questions, share business concerns or just build your own personal network.
SMACNA Colorado Associate Membership
SMACNA Colorado Associate Members are industry partners and provide products or services to the contractor industry. Associate members gain many of the same benefits of Contractor Members, including a place in the SMACNA Colorado yearly HVAC+R Equipment & Product Directory, which contains a comprehensive guide to all Contractor Members and Associate Members product and service catalogs, invitations to all social gatherings with Contractor Members, along with a number of member events.