SMANA National, SMACNA Colorado, and the Specialty Contractors Institute regularly provide Education Opportunities for Contractors, their Management and Supervisory Staff, and their Journeyworkers and Apprentices. Normally, these Education Opportunities are provided in-person, however, during this unprecedented time, some of these opportunities are being converted to remote online webinars. Check out the upcoming opportunities and click the links to learn more.
PLANNING YOUR EXIT AND BUSINESS VALUATION PROGRAM
October 18 – October 20
October 18-20, 2020
San Diego, CA
Registration Opens Soon!
Planning Your Exit and Business Valuation will focus on planned exit options and help business owners develop a personalized exit plan.
This intensive two-day program will cover:
- owner readiness
- business readiness
- market readiness
- exit options
- the sales process
- legal and tax consequences
Participants will learn what choices are available to them and the realistic expectations and consequences of transferring ownership of your business. Additionally, all participants will develop their own personal action plans that can be fully tracked and monitored.
Learn the three keys to a planned exit:
- Owner Readiness Process – personal financial plan, lifestyle plan, and emotional preparedness
- Business Readiness Process – review, assess and evaluate: sales, marketing, operations, org chart, financials and withdrawal liability
- Market Readiness – valuation, financing, deal structure, and buyer types (financial vs. strategic)
Selecting a planned exit option:
- Voluntary – family transition, ESOP, 3rd party sale, dissolution
- Involuntary – death, divorce, departure, disability
Designing your planned exit:
- Align with your original objective – still on track?
- Decide your best option – how to best prepare the business
- Consider the deal structure
Participants will learn about:
- Options available
- Where to start
- Additional resources available
Monday evening will include a panel discussion with five SMACNA contractors that have already exited their businesses and are ready to serve as mentors for participants. The panel discussion will focus on successes, failures, best practices, and lessons learned during their exiting process.
All participants have the option to request a personalized, one-on-one appointment with program speakers John Ovrom or Lamar Rutherford to discuss their own exit plan. Alternatively, participants have the option to schedule a conference call with either speaker.
- Education: learn why planning for an ownership transfer and a correct valuation of your business is crucial.
- Action Items: necessary steps to create a planned exit.
- Tools: how to accomplish your task lists in the plan.
- Resources: who you should call on for assistance during your planned exit process.
- Confidence: Learn from colleagues that have already gone through this process of how and when to start planning your exit.
Who Should Attend
Current business owners who are within five years (preferably) of a planned exit or retirement. Enrollment in this program will be limited to 30 participants with a maximum of three from one company.